Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting healthy feels great.

I am on day 4 of my work out program! I am loving it. Saturday I went for a bike ride and learned that I am not ready for hills. LOL that was a fun one to learn. I started going up the hill on the Spring water trail and was so grateful when I saw the fork in the road that lead downhill. I took the easier route. It was really funny. Then Sunday morning I didn't listen to the trainer on "Your Shape". I decided that 15 min wasn't long enough so I did 45 min before getting ready for Church. That made it so Sunday PM I couldn't use my calf muscles very well. Monday I went for a brisk 2.5 mile walk, did a short workout (listening to the trainer this time) then I played around with the Wii sports games. I did a short thing of boxing and one of baseball. These were so much fun and will become part of my work outs.

This morning I yelled at my alarm when it went off at 545, but got out of bed. I did my 15 min and ate my breakfast while visiting with my husband. I am so ready for the day. I have a lot of organizing to do in my room today and I am glad that my mind and body are ready!

I am also using the "Spark people website" to help with the food part of this program. It helps me to keep track of my calorie intake and how much I am burning. I also joined a few groups on the website and they are all amazing and supportive. The nutrition tracker has a place to keep track of how much water you are drinking. Water seams to have replaced my soda.

My energy level has increased and my bedtime is naturally becoming earlier. This puts Jason and I on the same schedule and we get time together in the mornings now. The house is also cleaner since I have more energy and am not wanting to just sit around when not working.

I can't wait to start seeing results in my body. My goal is to get stronger and lose some of the weight that I never lost from my last baby, who is now 8 1/2 years old. My other goal is to be ready to take my boys hiking, bike riding and a lot of other fun outdoor actives that take energy this summer. That is in 5 weeks!!! I have been having difficulty catching my breath and keeping up with them and that is what made me decide it was time. I want them to remember me playing with them and not just sitting there watching them play.

Thanks for reading this, I just want to make sure I stay on track this time and that means being accountable. Everytime I start and fail, I stop. Then I gain more back then when I started. I will not give up on me this time!! That is where I need you all. Feel free to ask me how it is going if you don't see me post anything for several days.

The Lord wants us to take care of our bodies and I intend to do a much better job than I have been doing. Now it is time to get the boys off to school and do my Bible Study. I am loving my mornings and how God is helping me to rearange my schedule/priorities!

No comments: