Sunday, February 14, 2010

A simple Valentine's Day filled with love

Being very short on money this month we were unable to do the normal Valentine's day gifting that we have in years past. We usually don't go crazy, but I do get a rose and card every year and a dinner out with my husband the night before. We knew that we couldn't do that this year, so without even discussing it we both adjusted. We spent yesterday and today doing things for each other. He helped me by doing some of my chores so that I could get extra rest today. I made him a nice roast for lunch. We also made sure to tell each other that we loved each other as much as we could. I know we are just going through a season in our lives, but I am very great full that we are going through it together.

I love my husband. I thank God for him everyday. Some days are difficult, but as the years pass those are becoming few and far between. We have learned how to be a couple and how to live with someone with an opposite personality. Our financial situation is getting better, it was just a bump in the road. With him starting his new job officially tomorrow (training is done) we will have a steady income again and not be worried about it going away. I praise the Lord in his faithfulness to us. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

No comments: