Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1

I followed the advice of one of my Pastors and started a Bible reading plan for 2010. I had been looking for one and thinking it would be a good idea, but I never got moving with it. I figured I would just "wing it again", not that that method ever worked.
This is the site he recommended. I set up my plan from what they had as choices. The goal is reading the Bible in 1 year, but at a pace that I can dig in and truly be taught by God.


So, here we go. I have my computer, Bible, Journal, Pen, colored pencils and marker. I also have John Thurlow's "Songs about Jesus" playing in my ears, this is to block out the family, so that 2 little boys don't have to be quiet for the next hour or so. I want to have no distractions. I am diving in and praying that the Lord will speak to me today. I am ready to go deeper and to Love Him deeper. I pray for a new song to rise in me this year. I pray for a new understanding of what it means to live wholeheartedly for Christ. Bible reading today is Gen 1-3 and Romans 1.

Gen 1:
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27 And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.28 And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food:30 and to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for food: and it was so.31 And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. ...


God made a perfect creation, when he made the world. He made us so perfect that he gave us free will. God new the weaknesses of his creation, He knew what choices were there for us. Eve made a big mistake in choosing to believe the tempter, but how many times a day do we do the same thing. The choice is simply to follow God wholeheartedly or to not. We choose to either fill our minds with good and godly things or with the filth of this world. I am choosing today to reorganizing my priorities. My excuse has always been that I just don't have time. There is too much to do, yet I sit and watch T.V. or read books that don't edify Christ. I cry and complain at God asking "Where are you"? When he is right there, He is just waiting for me to reach out and take His had and let him lead me to where we are going.

I then read Romans 1 and the wrongs being done in that time are the same as our culture is doing now. Nothing has changed, just new and quicker ways to do them. We have turned our backs on what the world is doing and say "I am OK because I am not doing things as wrong as _____". This is wrong because misuse of time and putting ANYTHING above God is a sin. We are all in the same boat going down the rushing river without our GUIDE. God is the only way, the only truth and if we turn from him and his ways. If we worship other things above Him we are lost. Being lost in this time of the Universe is not an option. He is coming back and soon. We must turn back to God today. We must take the steps to prioritize our lives. It is time for a self check, who do I serve? Do I serve God more than myself? Do I put my needs above those of God? Do I put my husband and kids above God?

God must be first. If he is then the rest will fall into place and all things will be OK and work. I know I haven't been living this way. Today I will fix what is first and last in my priorities. Today I will choose to show my children the right way to live for our God by actually doing it. I will stop bellyaching about how hard life is and how unfair things have been lately. God has his reasons, God is the one in control. He knows what He is doing. My purpose, life and family is in his hands. I choose to not look back anymore at my past and where I went wrong, but to move forward into the new life God has for me. I am no longer who I used to be. I don't react the same to troubles and problems as I used to, I am a new me! I am who God created me to be! I am perfectly made by my God!

-------------------------------------------
One of my resolutions was to start memorizing scripture and having my boys do it with me. My first choice was Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of peace.

I am also working on my 12 book minimum of books I have never read or never finished.
1. The Last Sin Eater (Francine Rivers) ~reading right now
2. Deep Unto Deep (Dana Chandler)
3. Unspoken (Francine Rivers)
4. Unafraid (Francine Rivers)
5. Captivating (John and Stasi Eldredge)
6. The Power of a Praying Parent (Stormie Omartian)
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.

These are some already in my bookcase. I am looking for more, my search is for some that are studying books and some that are light readers, but all Christ centered. Suggestions would be great!

------
Now it is time for me to join my sons in doing some cleaning and then playing some games with them. Off goes the T.V. on goes the worship music. Time to spend quality time with my boys and enjoy them being home with me.

Thank you Lord for all you have spoken to me today. I know I can only accomplish your will if you are the one in control.

No comments: