Monday, October 25, 2010

learning, always learning

 

I think I am in a learning season of my life.  The first thing was learning how to crochet a year ago.  Then knitting and using a knitting loom.  I have made scarves, blankets, hats.  I love crocheting and blessing people with gifts that I have prayed over.  This is something I will continue doing hopefully for years. 

My Grandma Emma and my Mom both taught me how to sew when I was a little girl, but I never really enjoyed it.  You have to measure and cut and layout and measure and yep measure.  I prefer to just do things, but that doesn’t work with sewing.  I really love quilts and I decided that I wanted a handmade one.  Who better to make me one than myself.  So I am now teaching myself how to quilt.  I am really excited to see how it turns out.  I am 4 days into this project and it is going well so far.  I haven’t given up, even when I have to measure and iron. 

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Love, love, love the new blog look, the quilting, the person you are becoming...you are a constant, beautiful surprise.