Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Gratitude list

holy experience

I find that it is the simple things that truly bring me pleasure and joy.  I am thankful for all of the little things that happen daily.

My gratitude list 260-278:

~Had an amazing weekend with my boys-Jason had to work, but the three of us found plenty to do and kept ourselves out of trouble(mostly).

~Having the freedom to gather with fellow believers to worship an amazing, awesome God!

~standing next to my children and husband as we lifted our voices is praise

~watching my son gain understanding as he listened to our Pastor give an amazing message

~That my children are understanding in the fact that we don’t go trick-or-treating and always have been-we settled in last night as our family tradition to eat snacks and watch family movies.  So much fun!

~waking up this morning with no trace of my husband….except for the hot coffee that he made me before going to work

~my husband calling me a few hours into my morning just so he could say good morning to me

~listening to my children slowly (Stephen noisily) getting ready for school

~my morning grumpiness going away as I chat with one of my BFFs online

~getting on with my chores as a way that I bless my family daily

~crying tears of joy while of watching a video of one of my pastors/friends wakening up her grandchildren on her surprise visit across the country

~knowing the joy that is filling that home is South Carolina today

~balancing my bank account and finding a deposit, I had been waiting for, is there and at the time we need it…God is good, He provides and His timing is perfect.  He knows our needs and our desires.  He delights in seeing his children taken care of and happy.

~the street sweeper cleaning away the leaves off the street in front of my house-I was going to go out and do that today, now I don’t have to

~The joy on the faces of the little boys I take care of as they saw me from their van

~visiting with their mother who has become one of my dearest friends.  I am so thankful she is in my life

~the joy of working on a blanket to keep us warm at night this winter…if I can get it done for this winter

~I am mostly thankful for my Lord and Savior who died on the cross to set me free.   That the season is coming that we celebrate His birth.  Oh what a Joyful season it is!

No comments: