Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Oh how He loves us"

I haven't blogged in a while. The main reason is every time I sat down to do it my words were just full of frustration and very negative. I have been sick for the last couple of weeks. Of course it is when you are down that the small problems of my world came crashing in on me at the same time. God works everything out and I knew in these instances He would do the same thing for me. I never got depressed or lost hope. I just prayed and cried my way through it. I really don't have a lot to complain about when I think about all that God gives me including his love. I am very well taken care of. I may feel I need other things, but those are just wants.

Today I woke up crabby and I just needed some comfort foods, so I put a roast in the crock pot for dinner. Right now I am cooking hamburger and rice for lunch. That just sounded good. :) I put on a happy face and played with the kids, that always helps. I also turned on the worship music to bring a good atmosphere into the house. I still am tired and my coughing is just as bad, but my mood is much better.

The boys are doing better this week. We are at a week and a half with on referrals or phone calls from the school. Stephen is calmer and easier to deal with since visiting the doctor. Eric is still "Eric". His struggles stay struggles, but we are learning how to help him better. I know that eventually he will be able to handle things in life a bit better. This will just take time and determination.

I praise the Lord for all he does. His grace and mercy overwhelm me. "Oh how He loves us".

PS ~ I just got done reading a really good book. "The Scarlet Thread" by Francine Rivers. It teaches about how God's hand is in and on all things, even when we feel he has left us and forsaken us. I recommend it!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love you Steph... I hope you are feeling better.